Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Road Trip: Grove

Meet T-bone. A fellow biker, T-bone took the BV for a spin. He seemed to be impressed behind those ultra-cool sunglasses.

The wife and I took the 67 mile route to Grove last Saturday. It was great. On the way, I was cautioned about "going to fast" by said wife. The speedometer is still out, so no real way to tell. We would pull off and wait for a car to follow most of the way there. On the trip home, we felt more at ease and I had the throttle fully open with no protests.

We did stay a bit too long and raced the sun home to avoid traveling at night. Our gracious hosts let us borrow some extra pants for warmth, and they were needed. We made it home in time to stop at the store for dinner.

We planned a road trip to Eureka with T-bone and his wife this summer.

This is a bee splattered on my pant leg. I didn't feel a sting when it happened but it itched for a couple of days. The windshield and both our helmet visors caught a few bugs as well. I can't imagine what summer will bring!

We took a break in Gravette, AR on the return trip. They had a nice mini-park right off of the main drag, complete with picnic table and grill. That's one of the things I like about the bike. You just stand up and you are there. I feel a lot more connection to the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment