Saturday, March 08, 2008

Good Saturday! I took the Piage (rhymes with triage) into Vespa of the Ozarks to have the switch and mirror repaired, trunk installed, and picked up a cover. Leonard let me take a loaner scooter to my aquarium club meeting, with a quick stop at Exotic Tropicals.

The loaner was a Vespa 200. Classy bike. Chrome trim, tan seat, I felt too cool riding around. No windshield on this model and I could tell. My chest got cold and it was warmer today than most morning commutes on the BV. Not as much power either but very smooth.

The hard case trunk really adds to the BV. In fact, Leonard added counter weights to the handle bars to keep the scoot balanced. We're only talking a couple of pounds here. I look forward to knowing my helmet will stay dry in the trunk. Robin will appreciate the back rest for the rear seat.

Until we buy a house with a garage, the BV 250 will have to stay outside. Investing in a slip cover will add life to the bike. The Metro lived under the deck, but the BV is just too much more than that.

Leonard mentioned a customer report of a yellow jacketed scooter on highway 12. That would be me. Look out NWA! I also found the Fayetteville Revolution Scooter Club homepage. I'm looking forward to my first group ride.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the bike. I feel very utilitarian on the BV. Fuel efficient, the get up and go I need, and looks sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment