Monday, April 07, 2008

Evening ride

It was a beautiful 76 F today. When I got home for work I took the wife for a ride. We went across the bridge, incidentally behind another couple on a touring bike. We both turned around at the other end of the bridge and rode back.

We stopped at the lake access and picked through driftwood for my aquariums. The lake is higher than I've ever seen it and we have more rain on the way! After a few moments, we got back on the scooter and picked a random side road to explore. It was a paved, wooded road with a an occasional horse ranch. We met another couple on a sport bike enjoying the same ride.

The random road connected to my old "backroad" route to work from my Metropolitan days. It may have been a subliminal decision, as I had been thinking earlier in the day about how the old route was more pleasant than the faster new route.

It was time for fuel and it took $8 this time. Highest yet, with $3.54/ga. for 91 octane. We took the Lake Atatlanta access road home. Plenty of people out enjoying the day.

Of course, I forgot the camera AND my phone. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment