Sunday, May 30, 2010

10,000 Miles

Ready for anything.

The Beverly is fine.  Due to who-had-what-vehicle-when issues I had to truck the bike home from my grandparents in Gentry.  Note the ratchet straps are on the back of the bike and that I backed it in.

I ended last season with just under 10K on the odometer.

Doing the math, I've saved:
Over 61 metric tons of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere
Over 350 gallons of gasoline or 17.5 barrels/735 gallons of crude oil
Over $1,000 in my fuel costs
...and I've had a blast doing it.

From a blogging perspective, I believe BV 250: the next chapter of scooting has come to a close.  If you absolutely can't live without these posts, I am considering a mixed blog that features stories from my other hobbies - sailing, SCUBA, scootering, and more. 

Thanks to the readers for the kind words.

In the meantime, watch out for motorcycles - I will ride on.

No comments:

Post a Comment